Summer is here, chances are the kids are out of school, and the time of summer vacation is upon us! Maybe you’ve already planned your summer vacation, or maybe you’re still trying to figure out where you want to go. Luckily, we’ve stumbled upon a great list of “The 10 Best Vacation Spots You May Not Know About”. All of these vacation spots are in the U.S. making it even easier for you to travel to one of the destinations. While you can check out the entire article here, we’ve broken it down for you and given you a summary of the list:
- Charleston, South Carolina: Coming in at number one on the list is a city that boasts many historical sites in a quaint harbor town.
- New Braunfels, Texas: With water sports galore as well as being “home to honky-tonk music”, this city seems to be the hidden gem of Texas.
- Orange Beach, Alabama: With white sands and warm gulf water, Orange Beach has been gaining popularity among vacationers.
- Tybee Island, Georgia: Tybee Island is a beauty all in itself but close enough to one of Georgia’s other main attractions, Savannah.
- Virginia Beach, Virginia: Boasting some of the best waves for surfing on the East Coast, Virginia Beach has great beaches, activities, and nightlife.
- Carolina Beach, North Carolina: Offering activities such as windsurfing, deep sea fishing, and a boardwalk, Carolina Beach has something for everyone.
- Perdido Key, Florida: Referred to as “lost key”, Perdido Key is a barrier island with preserves making up 61% of the area.
- Newport, Rhode Island: There’s a lot to see in Newport, including mansions, lighthouses, and museums.
- Laguna Beach, California: There’s 7 miles of coastline, great waves, and a beautiful location, what more could you want?
- Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri: If you’re into fishing, be sure to make a trip to Lake of the Ozarks!