As many of you may have noticed, we made a very simple spelling error in very large, bold font in our last newsletter. After coming to the realization that inernet is not how you spell internet, we had a good laugh at ourselves and decided you can’t always trust your savvy spelling skills and should probably use spell check. Below are a few more funny spelling mistakes we thought we would share with you as well:
- Amercia: While we may have spelled internet wrong, we did not spell America wrong, like Mitt Romney’s app did.
- West Virgina: In 2007, West Virginia won the NIT Championship and was rewarded with t-shirts declaring West Virgina as champions.
- O-I-H-O: Sometimes even the president can have a little glitch in his spelling. When making the Ohio sign with a group of students, Obama and the students mistakenly spelled Ohio, O-I-H-O.
- Shcool: Whoever painted this road in Michigan probably had teachers going crazy with their incorrect spelling of “school”.
- Tanksgiven: Schools sometimes make spelling errors too. Cummings Middle School in Tennessee posted a sign spelling Thanksgiving as “Tanksgiven”.
For more great spelling errors, check out this page with 25 spelling mistakes that made us laugh.